5 Foods To Boost Your Sleep
Do you get into your nice, comfortable warm bed all ready to fall asleep but then spend hours counting sheep and tossing and turning. Sometime your brain is too hyped or maybe worrying about everyday life.
One aspect we often overlook is making sure you consume foods that help your body to fall asleep. Some of our top 5 sleep boosting foods:
- Low calcium intake can contribute to difficulties with falling asleep. Try warm milk, yoghurt or vegies with calcium like kale
- Almonds are rich in magnesium and protein, which can help to promote sleep and muscle relaxation and keep you full . Almonds are also a great source of plant based protein and contain only good fats, but eat only 20 – 25 per day.
- Bananas are rich in the “sleep inducing” amino acid “tryptophan” bananas can promote relaxation, and mother nature packages them perfectly for a snack before bedtime. Bananas are a higher sugar fruit, so keep them on the small side and only one per day.
- Some fortified breakfast cereals high in B6 are the ones to look for and have a sneaky bowl of cereal to enhance melatonin production that can produce sleepiness.
- Grapes are a natural source of melatonin, and can promote sleepiness and a good night sleep. And lastly one of my favourites is passionfruit!
Try out some of these simple and nutritious foods before bed and see if they help you get a better night sleep.
Recent Sleep Articles
Cooling Sheets – How To Sleep When The Temperature Soars
5 Foods To Boost Your Sleep
What do Olive + Crate Customers Have to Say?
Feels like heaven, soft and silky sheets: I can’t believe how comfortable these sheets are. The moment I put them on I could feel the difference, they stop you getting that hot and clammy feeling and feel really fresh. It's early days yet, but so far they seem amazingly comfortable.
Better than Westelm Tencel Sheets: Westelm, eat your heart out! The most silky soft sheets ever even after multiple washes. I have Tencel sheets from Westelm but these are better!!!
Amazing quality for a very reasonable price! Softer, cooler, better all around and significantly cheaper than a more expensive brand of bed sheets I previously owned. Definitely worth the money.
I think I finally found the softest smoothest sheets but time will tell! I am SUPER picky about my sheets and have spent sooooo much money going through so many different brands and materials- cotton, Egyptian cotton, microfiber, bamboo, polyester, flannel, etc. I previously ordered a tencel sheet set online from Macy’s, (on sale for $200). They went back to the store the same day they arrived as these are a much better price! The envelope pillowcases are a great touch too. Washing directions state delicate in cold water and dry on low heat. These seem a bit thin but I think that is normal for tencel so will see how they hold up and update review later if any issues. If these hold up I may be buying these for Christmas gifts.
Recent Coffee Articles
Exclusive 10% Discount For O+C Friends
Try It For a Night
Safe & Secure Checkout